What Is Black Mold?
Stachybotrys chartarum is actually what most people know as the black mold. This type of mold produces irritants and allergens that can have health effects on people present on a property with a black mold infestation. Black mold isn't the only type of mold that can produce irritants and allergens, so it is important to always call our SERVPRO of South Tulsa County team when noticing signs of a mold infestation in your home or business in Stillwater, OK.
Treat any mold with caution – stay out of affected areas and don’t touch or disturb the mold and call your local mold remediation specialist - (405) 332-2122.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Stillwater & Guthrie immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (405) 332-2122
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Stillwater & Guthrie is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: